Week 17/2023: Sunrise
Posted On 2 May 2023
Week of 24 April 2023
Another week of work and medical appointments
And a day off on Tuesday, which was nice.
I have some new physiotherapy exercises to do now while I wait for the results of the MRI on my lower spine. Isn’t this fun?!
Week 10 summary
What was the best thing about this week?
Going out on Tuesday morning and seeing the sunrise.
Also, spending an hour browsing in a second hand bookstore.
What did I notice this week?
A couple of currawongs have started visiting my yard. They seem to like the bird bath and the chickens’ water bowls. I don’t think the chickens are too concerned by them.
What did I learn this week?
I’ve been watching the ABC show Back in Time for the Corner Shop, and am finding some of the historical food facts fascinating.
For example, Milk Bars were introduced to Australia in 1932 by Greek immigrants, who had family members in the USA who had already set up these stores there.
What I’m reading this week
- A Guide to Eco-Anxiety by Anouchka Grose
- Me and My Big Mouth by Jan O’Connell
- Van Diemen’s Land by James Boyce
- Morning ritual (Goal = 7): 6
- Move (preferably before 3 pm) (Goal = 7): 6
- Morning writing (Goal = 7): 7
- Three times a week writing habit (3): I can’t remember
- The Little Red Writing Book exercises (Goal = 5): 0
- Listened to writing podcasts (Goal = 2): 0
- All four new physiotherapy exercises (Goal = 6): 0
- Mental health break outside during my work days in the office (2 days): 2
- Finish work by 5.30 (Goal = 4): 4
- Shut my computer down before 9.15 (Goal = 5): I haven’t kept a records of this.