Week 12/2023: A quick update
Week of 20 March 2023
Three times a week is a habit update
My main focus for week 12 was the Sustainable Living Weekend. Apart from that, my main goal for this week (week 12) was to fit my new writing habit three times during the week.
The times I chose were Tuesday afternoon at 2 pm, Wednesday morning at 8 am and Sunday morning at 11 am.
They all worked well, and I stuck to these times reasonably accurately. The only one that didn’t quite fit this week was the Sunday one because I had changed my normal Saturday morning family commitment to Sunday. But I made time later on Sunday to do it so it was all good.
Some photos from this week
Here’s some random photos of the world around me this week.
Week 12 summary
What was the best thing about this week?
The Sustainable Living weekend was great.
I’m loving working through Kate Forsyth’s Dare to Dream course in my allocated writing time slots. I sat in on a webinar with Kate a couple of weeks ago that was a promo for this course and had to find out more. The course is fantastic.
What did I learn this week?
I learned that frozen shoulder will, over a long period of time, heal itself. It basically “thaws”. Do not ask me how it came about that I had to learn this. I might cry.
What I’m reading this week
- The Writer Laid Bare by Lee Kofman
- Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino
- Ten Steps to Nanette by Hannah Gadsby
- Morning ritual (Goal = 7): 7
- Move (preferably before 3 pm) (Goal = 7): 7
- Morning writing (Goal = 7): 7
- The Little Red Writing Book exercises (Goal = 5): 0
- Listened to writing podcasts (Goal = 2): 0
- All four physiotherapy exercises (Goal = 7): 6
- Mental health break outside during my work days in the office (2 days): 2
- Finish work by 5.30 (Goal = 5): 5
- Shut my computer down before 9.15 (Goal = 5): 7