Week 31/2021: walking
Week 31/2021: Week of 2 August 2021
What did I want to do better this week?
This week I was trying to get myself out of bed early enough to go for a walk. I set the target of doing it for five mornings, because I leave the house early on Wednesdays and Thursdays and now that I don’t set an alarm, don’t always wake up in time to go out on those days.
So, how did that go then?
I did four out of the five days, which is the same as last week. It’s a good start. Now that the sun’s rising a bit earlier, I have more chance of seeing the sunrise on a walk too, which makes it a lot more appealing than hiking round the streets in the pitch black.
21 for 2021 update
Kramstable’s videos (thing 8)
I worked on the video. It’s getting there.
My mother’s story (thing 9)
I did some work looking back through the history of my mum’s family tree. Probably more than is necessary, but I got quite engrossed in it. Mum has done a lot of work on tracing her history so I need to be careful not to fall down that rabbit hole and actually focus on her part of the story.
I also spent way more time than is necessary looking at scanning solutions for her rather large slide collection. I think I’ve made a decision now.
Brainsparker (thing 17)
This week I completed Module 8 of the program. We looked at how using random prompts can help you to develop associations between seemingly unrelated ideas. It was good fun.
21 for 2021 summary
- Things completed this week: 0
- Things completed to date: 3 (1, 18, 20)
- Things I progressed: 3 (8, 9, 17)
- Things in progress I didn’t progress: 10 (2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16)
- Things not started: 5 (3, 12, 15, 19, 21)
What else did I do this week?
What I’m reading
- Of Towns and Countries: Journey of an Architect by Dirk Bolt
- Bruny by Heather Rose. I really enjoyed this book. I had to remind myself every couple of pages that it’s a work of fiction. Perhaps it isn’t. Read it and make up your own mind. I highly recommend it.
- Days I went for a walk in the morning (Goal = 5): 4
- Days I did my morning planning routine at work (Goal = 4): 4
- Days I did my post-work pack up routine (Goal = 5): 0
- Days I worked on my art (Goal = 2): 4
- Days I did yoga stretches (Goal = 7): 0
- Days I had a lunch break away from my desk (Goal = 4 work days): 4
- Days I went for a walk or did other physical activity in the afternoon (Goal = 5): 3
- Days I shut my computer down before 9.45 (Goal = 6): 6